On behalf of American Council on Education (ACE)/Nor Cal Network, we want acknowledge the leadership position you hold and the inspirational role you provide to women in higher education. This letter is to:
- Let you know more about the ACE Nor Cal Network
- Invite you and your colleagues to become involved with the organization
- Become a member of the Executive Board
We also encourage you to share this information with your faculty and staff and to attend one of our annual leadership development activities – please see website for complete details (www.ace-norcal.com).
What is the ACE Network?
The ACE Network is a national system of networks within each state, Puerto Rico, and the District of Columbia. The organization consists of state networks of leaders across the country interested in advancing qualified women in the world of higher education and is committed to moving women into college presidencies and other senior level positions (http://www2.acenet.edu/Content/NavigationMenu/ProgramsServices/OWHE/ACENetwork/TheACENetwork.htm).
Each state network is led by a State Coordinator who works with institutional representatives and at least one Presidential Sponsor to develop programs that identify, develop, encourage, advance, link, and support women in higher education careers within that state. In addition, members of the Executive Board of the ACE Network serve as advisers to ACE, liaisons to the state networks, and mentors to State Coordinators.
Nor Cal Network
Our mission statement is to promote the professional development of women leaders from Colleges and Universities in Northern California and our goals are as follows:
- To advocate and promote racial and ethnic equity for women in Higher Education.
- To promote broader access and participation of women in leadership roles within Higher Education.
- To create a supportive network for women who are interested in advancing in Higher Education
- To mentor students, faculty, and staff with leadership potential.
To accomplish our goals, we have developed an annual mini conference series entitled “Advancing Women Through Leadership.” Listed below are our more recent activities. The next leadership conference will be held Fall 2012 and when the details are confirmed we will contact you so that you can share the information with your constituents.
- “A Nuts and Bolts Perspective,” hosted by California State University East Bay, April 24, 2009.
- “Mentoring Self/Mentoring Others: A Cross Cultural Perspective,” hosted by California State University Monterey Bay, November 19, 2010.
- “Collaborative Leadership: Journey To Empowerment,” hosted by City College of San Francisco, May 6, 2011.
- “Leading the Way: Next Steps for Your Professional Journey,” hosted by Alliant International University, Sacramento, November 18, 2011.